Top 10 family things to do at YosemiteIf you're planning this year's family vacation, you might consider a "natural" alternative to the typical California theme park adventure -- a trip to see Mother Nature up-close and personal at Yosemite National Park. The park books up early, so now's the time to plan ahead.
If your kids want to know just what there is to do at Yosemite, Parenting Magazine has come up with the top 10 family activities at the park:
1. Hike to a waterfall.
2. See a meteor shower from a mountaintop.
3. Lie in a bed of wildflowers this spring.
4. Play in the Mariposa Grove of giant sequoias.
5. Go on a guided moonlight hike.
6. Go rafting in the Merced River Canyon.
7. Bad weather? Reflect on nature with an arts and crafts day at the Yosemite Arts Center.
8. Take a "green dragon" tour on the open-air tram.
9. Have a fancy lunch at the Ahwahnee Hotel.
10. Go ziplining in the Sierra National Forest.
RECOMMENDED LODGING: National Park lodging
Click here for more great Northwest travel ideas!
Click here for great deals on California travel